Math Science Chemistry Economics Biology News Search
EPM ANNUAL GENRAL MEETING
11th-16th December 2005
Ideas so far
Short presentation of each partner school and participants
Each representing partner give detailed information on activities and what/how they have contributed towards the EPM
Partners taking part in the meeting to make some presentations about specific subjects of interest. In that each individual’s interests should be broadly known and some working groups could be set up in the participating schools. We could work around the subjects of common interest with the goal of having reached to some final products when we’ll meet again in spring. It’s evident that all these products could be published in EPM making the scope of our magazine much broader. (Greek proposal)
What have we achieved so far and how do we improve?
Workshop – Held by Angelo and Tsvetan?
Session about the history of EPM
The position of the EPM magazine in the present and role/aspirations for the future
Discuss the layout, spread etc
Proposals of the new design of EPM
Proposals of articles and fun pages
Comments on articles and fun pages (Eijkhagen College) and preferably everyone else.
Comments can be made and discussed within the group.
Proposal of web page
Update on the development and formation of the EPM website. Constructed by Rick Hilkens with the aid of Shahida Khanam and Erich Mommers. (Eijkhagen college, The Netherlands)
Rick will give an update on what he has done so far. Maybe we can upload everything this week!
Preparation of the renewal form for the year 2006-2007
Presentation of the CD
Enlargement of the partnerships
Preparation of the next meeting
Decide where the next meeting should be held.
Maybe next annual meeting in Kaiseri, because there is a total solar eclipse on 26th December!
1. Workshop on the creation and maintaining of the EPM website - Eijkhagen College - Presented by Rick Hilkens
Pupils will discuss the website which has been made by Rick.
Try and include links for other European languages. Who and how will the website be maintained? Any other issues to be discussed.
• Introduction: What has been done so far.
• Instructions on how to upload new articles. This should be done via a log in system.
• Future aims and objectives: Every school or/and pupil can have their own log in system for security. Reasons to be explained.
• Ideas and thought from other students
• Possibility of having work in several European languages
2. Presentations by Greek partners - Experimental High-School of Macedonia University
• Georgolios Nikos - the first encounter with Chemistry at the age of 14. He’ll make a PowerPoint presentation. (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Touloumis Cosmas - interested in teaching mathematics from the ancient greek texts, some ideas for a cross-scientific approach of mathematics. He’ll make a PowerPoint presentation (e-mail:email@example.com).
• Friligos Stelios - teaching Physics and Design and Technology. Especially interested in some ideas for a cross-scientific approach of teaching physics and Technology (PowerPoint presentation) (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Zarfzian Marilena - teaching Biology.
All of us invite teachers from the partner schools interested in the above subjects to exchange views with us even before the meeting.
3. Presentations by Turkish partner - Ali Kalem
• 1 Hour presentation to be prepared. CD will be used
4. Presentations by Turkish partner - Adnan
Thinking of a speech by Physics teacher about the topic of the project- 'discovering ways to enjoy science at school'. I think it will last for 45 minutes,
What have partners done so far?
1. PREPARED THE FIRST AND
SECOND ISSUE OF EPM 2005 AND ARE READY TO PRINT THE THIRD. IF THE
PARTNERS WILL SOON HELP US SENDING GOOD, ORIGINAL ARTICLES FROM
2. PREPARED THE SECOND MULTIMEDIA EPM CD COLLECTION 2005
PREPARED AND CARED THE MIRROR SITE OF THE EPMAGAZINE WITH THE PRINTED
WE PROPOSE TO SHARE THESE AND OTHER WORKS:
MORE HANDS MAKE THE
1. Made/make official EPM website
2. Contributed articles and work for the fun page
3. Organise the EPM meeting 2005.
TURKISH – Adnan
Organized a competition at school. Students wrote an essay about our project topic. Want to hand the essay that will be chosen as best in the competition to EPM magazine.